Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Easton!

Easton started out his birthday at the park with his preschool class.  Then I took him and Dyer (who was sleeping) to Chuck E. Cheese since he got 20 free tokens for his birthday.  Blair went out shopping with Valerie for her birthday gift so that is why she wasn't with us.  


I love his game face here!


I've never seen this ride before...


I kept forgetting to take pictures while at Chuck E Cheese so these were about the only ones I got.



Once Nathan got home from work we ate pizza (Easton's dinner request-he also wanted cinnamon toast crunch but that didn't happen) then cupcakes and ice cream, and then we opened gifts.  Valerie, Roger, and Will came over to help us celebrate!  Overall I think Easton had a wonderful birthday!

Video of us singing Happy Birthday to Easton:



My happy 5 year old!


So excited for his nerf gun!  He actually saw it before I had a chance to wrap it so I told him I was probably going to take it back to the store.  He was heartbroken when I told him that so you can imagine how excited he was when he opened it and saw it!



Mouse trap from Grandma Gma



Easton got spoiled from Valerie and her family.  Easton got two imaginext toys, an art kit, and a huge dinosaur coloring book.

Easton also got some nice cards and money from his grandparents and Auntie.  And he also got lots of phone calls from family.

Thank you to everyone for making Easton's day so special!  

Video of Blair getting Mr. Roger:

Video of Easton and Blair getting Daddy:


Easton,
    I love you so much!  I am so lucky to be your mommy and I'm grateful everyday that I have been able to watch you grow from a tiny little baby into the little boy you are today.  You are such a smart little guy  and it amazes me how talented you are at learning.  I can't believe that you just graduated from preschool and now you will be a big kindergartner in a couple months!  It's crazy how fast you've grown up.  Watching Dyer at this age reminds me a lot of when you were his age.  Maybe it's because he's a boy and he is wearing a lot of your clothes but it sure brings back a lot of wonderful memories.  
    You are such a great big brother and I love how caring and thoughtful you are towards your sister and brother.  I love how you and Blair play (for the most part) together and that you are best buds.  I love when you get Dyer to laugh.  I love whenever you get something you are always sharing with your siblings or at least making sure they get something too so that they aren't left out.  One example of this was on your birthday at Chuck E Cheese.  You got a prize with the tickets you won and you had enough tickets left to get one more thing.  You easily could have gotten something else for yourself but instead you wanted to get something for Blair.  She would have never known since she wasn't there with us but that isn't who you are.  You're always looking out for you siblings.  When we got into the car you felt horrible that you weren't able to get something for Dyer.  How sweet is that?
    I still love your hugs and I think you have the best hugs ever!  I love how you always want me to read stories to you at night and for me to cuddle with you.  I love it when you say, "I love you all the way to the moon in outer space!"  I also love it when you say, "I know that you will always love me even when I do something wrong" because it is so true!  I am so glad that you know and understand that.  
    Easton, thank you for being who you are and for blessing my life for the last 5 years!  I am so blessed to have you as my son!  I love you all the way to the moon in outer space and back!  

                             Love you,
                              Mommy


1 comment:

Hot Gma said...

I enjoyed all the blog updates Ashley. They were worth waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting--you get the point) for. Wow Blair has quite the swim suite collection. I guess it pays to live in California.