Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Blair!

Blair turned three even though she will tell you she is either five (Easton's age) or one (Dyer's age)!  I guess it can be confusing with all those birthdays we have been celebrating recently.

All the kids had their well check ups in the morning and it went pretty smooth for the first hour and fifteen minutes but then they were all getting antsy and misbehaving.  I'm just glad they did that well for that long.  It's not an easy thing for any of us to be stuck in a small room with three little kids.  We survived and won't have to do that again for another year!

Stats: 
Easton: 41 in (14%) and 33.6 lbs (5%)
Blair: 36 3/4 in (48%) and 30.3 lbs (46%)
Dyer: 30 in (50%) and 20.8 lbs (17%) head 19 1/4 in (95%)

Luckily none of the kids needed to get shots.  They told me that Easton and Blair didn't need any which I'm not so sure about since Easton is going into kindergarten...I'll have to check on that for sure.  Dyer needs shots but because he wasn't exactly one yet he couldn't get his that day so I'll have to bring him back.

After their doctor's appointments I took the kids to the splash pad on base.  They don't turn the water on until noon so we had to wait about 30 mins but luckily they have a playground right there so that kept the kids entertained until then.  Once the water came on Blair had a huge melt down because she didn't want her swimsuit to get wet!  I told her she didn't have to get it wet that she could just play on the playground but she wasn't listening and kept running away from me.  After a while she calmed down and wanted me to go in the water with her.  I tried explaining to her that I didn't have my swimsuit so I couldn't go in.  I probably would have gone in with her with the clothes I was wearing but I had on white pants and I'm sure if they got wet they would have been see through.  She didn't like that one bit and had another melt down.  She then wanted me to drive home so that I could get my swimsuit.  I told her that if we went home we wouldn't come back.  Blair decided she was done and wanted to leave.  Poor Easton wanted to still play but since it was Blair's birthday we left because she definitely wasn't have fun.


 This was between her two melt downs.


Dyer sure enjoyed himself.  He definitely loves anything to do with water.


Easton.  
At his Dr. appointment the doctor asked him who he could talk to if he ever got lost.  Of course the doctor was hoping he would say a police officer but Easton said he could talk to Heavenly Father if he ever got lost.  CUTE!!!

Since it was lunch time I took the kids to Burger King on base.


Princess Blair


Prince Easton

Blair lucked out and got to eat out twice for her birthday.  When Nathan got home from work he asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner.  She said she wanted chicken nuggets (exactly what she had for lunch) so Nathan took the whole family to Chic-fil-a.  

When we got home we had cake and ice cream and then Blair opened presents.



Birthday cake.  I was too lazy (or tired) of making cakes so we bought one instead.  I did add the writing. 

Video of us singing to Blair :


Princess legos


Princess doll from Grandma Gma


chef/baker stuff.

Blair,
      I sure love you!  I'm grateful everyday that you are a part of this family.  You definitely make life fun and challenging but I love that about you.  You are definitely all girl but you also have a tough side to you.  I guess you have to be tough with two brothers and being smack in the middle!  You love dressing up and wearing makeup but at the same time you also love wrestling.  You also love singing and dancing.
     I love your smile and how happy you are most of the time.  Nothing seems to ever bother you (at least not for very long).  You just seem to love life and will often go with the flow.  At the same time though you definitely know what it means to have attitude.  One of your newest nicknames is Missy (or Little Missy) because it seems fitting when the attitude starts seeping out.  You've just about mastered what it means to be bossy and in charge.  I can't help but laugh most of the time when I see and/or hear you telling someone off for not doing what you know they should be doing.  I often times call it you just being "motherly".  
     One of the things I love most about you is how much you love your family (especially your brothers).  You are very protective of your brothers!  You will stick up for them no matter what.  If someone does something to one of your brothers and you don't like it, 10/10 times the wrath of Blair will come out and I can guarantee that person will get an ear full from you.  
     You are just so dang cute and funny.  Some of the things you come up with out of no where are just hilarious.  Punishing/correcting you can be difficult at times because of this very reason.  There are many times when keeping a straight face is just impossible.  Yes, I know this is probably encouraging bad behavior and I do understand that we are probably in deep trouble!  We are working on this...  I'm just used to Easton debating/arguing everything from why he did what he did (or didn't do) and why he should/shouldn't do something that is asked of him.  You just gives short, sweet answers like "I don't know" when asked why you did/didn't do something and "ummm no" when asked to do something.  Your "ummm no" is like you are saying, "thanks for asking but I think I'm going to pass this time."  How does one get upset with that?  It's definitely a lot easier to get upset and punish/correct someone when they are arguing/debating with you.
    Blair Bear, thanks for being my sweet cuddly little girl.  I love you so much!          

                                                    Love,
                                                  Mommy



No comments: