Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fish Papa and Grandma Sharon's Visit!

My dad and Sharon stayed with us for a few days of their month long vacation.  I tried entertaining them with some local things and hopefully they had a good time even though my kids can be loud at times!  My kids sure love all of Fish Papa's silly songs.  They could sit on his lap and have him sing to them all day if he would let them.

I took them on base the first day to see the air museum, the hospital were Nathan works, and the park/duck pond.  I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures.

The second day I took them to the Jelly Belly Factory.  


Blair all ready for the tour.


Fish Papa getting his hat on for the tour


Dyer chilling out


Easton with his friend, Ian.  Ms. Valerie and Ian came along with us.


Dad and Sharon

On the third day I took them to the outlets because my dad wanted some new shoes.  Afterwards I had to make a quick trip to Home Depot to get a new dryer hose since Dexter broke the old one.  He likes to hang out behind the washer and dryer and I didn't realize it was broken until I tried to free Dexter of the balloon that was clipped to his collar.  I have never seen Dexter move so fast trying to run away from the balloon that just kept chasing him.  Poor Dexter was scared out of his mind.  Then we made a trip to nut tree.  Sharon wanted to see how different nut tree was from the last time she went there.  We ate some lunch and then we drove through downtown Vacaville.

Later that evening Valerie invited us up for dinner.  Easton and Blair both got to open a gift from Easton's preschool teacher, Ms. Laurie.  Easton got a dinosaur and Blair got a Dora dress that she couldn't wait to put on.  When we came home I let Blair open an early birthday  present so Sharon could see the baby doll quilt she made for Blair's babies on the new baby doll bed Blair got.  I got the bed at Ikea but then I spray painted it so it would match Blair's room.

Opening her gift


Putting one of her babies to sleep.


Feeding her baby.

The kids got to open their birthday gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.  Easton and Blair both got camping chairs (I should get a picture of them sitting in them because they are so cute!) Easton got Spiderman and Blair got Hello Kitty.  They also got a movie and a puzzle.  Dyer got a stuffed bear that he just opened today for his birthday!  Thanks Dad and Sharon.  The kids sure love all their gifts and we all loved having you here.

No comments: