Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Anniversary Trip

Nathan and I had an early anniversary trip planned before my mom and sister decided they were coming to visit.  Valerie was going to watch our kids but since my mom and sister were going to be in town they watched our kids instead.  Nathan and I took off Thursday morning for Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.  We wanted to be there on Thursday so that we could watch the Emperor's Imperial Circus.  We got to go on most of the rides, play a laser maze game (which I beat Nathan), bowling (Nathan won), and some arcade games.  Later that night we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant but since the wait was really long we spoiled our dinner by eating some really good ice cream.  We also went and saw the movie total recall.  We stayed in a bed and breakfast that was only a block from the boardwalk.  It was so nice and convenient to be that close and we had an ocean view.  

These pictures are hard to see because we only had my phone to take pictures with since my camera and Nathan's phone were being charged.  



Lion Dancers

If you look closely you can see someone wearing pink.  The lady is doing a handstand on (I think it was) eight chairs (some of which were only balancing on two legs).  

The next day we walked along the pier and saw some crazy sea lions.  We also window shopped a little and ended up buying some chocolates (one of which was chocolate covered bacon).  It was a little strange but as long as you didn't think too much about what you were eating it was pretty good.  We also walked a beach trail and then took the scenic highway back home.  It was a great mini vacation!  A little time for the two of us to have fun and relax a little and get a break from the kids.  I missed the kids and couldn't wait to get back to them but overall it was the perfect amount of time.

At the bed and breakfast

 boardwalk


sea lions

Video of the scary sea lion:
Right when we walked up to the fence this big guy sat up very quickly and basically yelled at us.  It definitely made me jump and I was a little afraid that he might attempt to break through the fence.  He definitely made himself very clear that we were invading his territory.


Nathan enjoying his chocolate covered bacon with maple glaze.

View from our hike.

8 years!

Happy Anniversary Handsome!  Thank you for the last 8 years!  They have been amazing!  I love you and I'm glad that we have eternity together!

No comments: