Monday, August 13, 2012

Sprinkler Time

I got this $5 snake sprinkler at Target and the kids loved it.  It didn't last long because it got popped after only using it about 5 times but it was definitely worth it and I'm thinking of going back to Target to see if they have anymore.

Easton jumping on the snake.  This is probably how it ended up getting popped.

Blair

Dyer loves using the sprinkler as a water fountain to drink from.

Video of Dyer drinking:


My kids have no idea what the ice cream truck is.  They hear the music and it will catch their attention as it drives past but they have no idea what it is and I have no desire to change this anytime soon.  It is known as the "music truck" in our house.  

The first day we were outside playing in the sprinklers one of the neighbor girls heard the truck and promptly asked my kids if they wanted ice cream.  Of course my kids said yes and I was a little worried and nervous how this was going to turn out.  Easton then said, "My mom has ice cream inside the house."  I thought I was safe but then Jessi (the neighbor girl) said, "I'll be right back.  I'm going to try and chase the truck down."  She then took off on her bike towards the music.  I was tempted to drag my kids inside but I didn't think it would be very fair to them since we just barely got outside.  About a minute later I can see the truck at the end of our street and Jessi talking to the ice cream lady.  I'm thinking to myself, "Dang it, I'm in trouble.  Well, at least I got away with it for as long as I did."  It wasn't too long after that that the truck turned around and left.  I was definitely relieved and a little excited that I got away with it.  But then a few minutes later I hear the truck again and it's getting closer and closer.  I look up and see that it is coming down the street again but in the opposite direction.  I don't see Jessi anywhere so I figure if I ignore the truck and don't give eye contact maybe the truck will pass on through.  As it's getting closer I notice that my heart rate picks up and I'm holding my breath.  I'm not sure why I'm getting so nervous but in a weird way it feels like my deepest darkest secret I'm keeping from my kids is about to be blown any second by a 10 year old girl.  The kids hear the truck and watch it as it passes by our house but don't think anything of it and go straight back to playing in the water.  Phew that was a close one!  About 5 seconds later Jessi comes to a halt with ice cream in her hand for Easton, Blair, and herself.  She even apologizes about not getting anything for Dyer because she didn't know if he was too little.  What a sweet little girl!  I felt horrible that she bought my kids ice cream and even worse that I was thinking mean things about her for almost blowing my cover.  I definitely need and will make this up to her.  

No comments: