Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Swimming Lessons

A few days after we got back from vacation Easton and Blair started swim lessons. BTW the kids did great on the trip home. I drove back by myself and only Dyer had a hard time with the last 30 min of the trip. It took us a little over 11 hours to get home (10 of which were driving) so I think Dyer did really well for such a long trip.

The kids had swim lessons for 7 days (it was supposed to be 8 but the scheduling people messed up) for 30 min. Overall I would say the kids really enjoyed it. I was a little worried that Blair wouldn't get in after the ocean incident but after just a few minutes she decided to get in. Easton passed and can move on to the next level. I was going to sign him up again but the last day of swim lessons he got out about half way through because he was so cold. The weather is just going to get cooler so I guess we will just wait until next spring/summer when the weather is warmer. Blair didn't pass because she wouldn't put her face under water (I don't exactly blame since the last time her head was under water she probably thought she was going to die). Also they said that she couldn't front float with assistance. Again it probably has something to do with her face being too close to the water. It's okay that she didn't pass because there aren't any other classes that she can advance to until she is 3.








Video of Easton jumping in:
I just missed Blair jumping in

Got a picture this time





Video of the kids swimming:

No comments: